ReadIt1st Submission, The Lucky One

News: ReadIt1st is looking for a writer. *squee*

It's no new news that I'm a giant Nerdfighter and fangirl of Hank and John Green. If you don't know who they are, they're the vlogbrothers on youtube. (WATCH! Your life will be changed. www.youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers) I recently saw them in real life on the Tour de Nerdfighting when they came to DC to promote John's book, "The Fault in Our Stars" (which got a 5/5 on the Metro Reads scale Read my review here). And just this morning I saw on Hank's tumblr/twitter that they were looking for some writers for their newsletter/website ReadIt1st. http://readit1st.com/

Basically, it's a website where visitors can pledge their allegiance to read the book before seeing the movie version of the book. It was created way back when, when Hank had the idea for the website. However, they are now so busy being famous and doing multiple jobs that they don't have time to maintain the site and send newsletters out anymore.

Hank and John post a plea for help, Nerdfighteria answers the call.

Below is my audition submission to become a ReadIt1st writer. I'm by no means a professional when it comes to writing, so I doubt they'll choose me. But you never know. I might get lucky. And I tend to stand out because of my weird humor and cynacism. Also I decided to not write about a nerdy book, like The Hobbit or Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (I was tempted though).

The criteria is that you have to write about a book/movie that is currently in theaters or will be coming to theaters soon. It has to be less than 175 words and it can't be the Hunger Games (because apparently "everyone will do the Hunger Games").

You can let me know what you think in comments. Keep in mind I've never actually read this book before, but I did see the trailer and read the synopsis on Wikipedia. If you want to submit your own blurb to become a ReadIt1st writer, send it to hankandjohn@gmail.com.



ANOTHER NICHOLAS SPARKS BOOK TURNED MOVIE?!  Yes, it’s a wonder how Sparks comes up with so many heterosexual sob stories year after year to feed Hollywood’s hunger for a new romance movie.  But considering his previous novels, such as A Walk to Remember & The Notebook, were such HUGE blockbusters, who am I to tell Hollywood to stop doing what clearly works?

The Lucky One stars Zac Efron (best known as the star of High School Musical) as U.S. Marine, Logan Thibault.  While in Iraq, he stumbles upon a photo in the sand of a beautiful woman and attributes this “lucky charm” for keeping him alive.  Later he goes to North Carolina (of course! always the NC for Sparks) to find the woman in the photo, a divorced mom named Beth.  Soon a romance develops between them and drama ensues.

April 20th is the deadline to read it first.  If you’re into romances, it's worth a shot.  Bonus is that now you can picture ZEfron's beautiful six-pack while reading it.

P.S Sorry, this post isn't a museum or metro reads post. Instead I thought I'd share this because it's something kinda cool. Do not fret! I will be volunteering this Sunday though and will have material to do a museum post soon. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Recent News

2/23/12 Officially learned that I'll be starting my volunteer post at the National Museum of African Art on March 10th. 1/18/12 NEW BLOG DESIGN AND LAYOUT!!!

About Me

My photo
Elizabeth is a recent graduate from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, receiving a B.A. in Mathematics. Soon after wards, she moved from a smaller county in S.W. VA to a busy city in the NOVA metro area for her job. Through her love of learning and tourist attractions, she has decided to start volunteering with the Smithsonian museums. This blog will record her experiences volunteering as well as her thoughts on various museums or exhibits (or anything touristy really). "Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope it makes you want to visit D.C. sometime. If not, maybe it can inspire you to become a fake tourist in your own town (or a museum volunteer)."